The fact that the TH16 system is an equipment designed, developed and manufactured in Spain by the same company that installs and maintains it makes the functionality and competitiveness of this equipment unique in the entire market, creating a great competitive advantage. As well as avoiding planned obsolescence, considerably increasing the life of the equipment. Efficiently managing a fleet of trucks requires having technological systems that offer quality information in real time on its mobile assets, so that traffic managers can make decisions minimizing risks and incidents. And these are fleet management systems like GesInFlot.
What is a fleet management system?
The fleet management and control systems are the technological systems responsible for carrying out the tasks of real-time monitoring and control of all the vehicles that circulate under the control of the transport company, optimizing the management work of the entire fleet.
Fleet management systems make it possible to identify important aspects of the condition, the physical position, route, vehicle technical parameters, condition of the merchandise, alarms, etc., and view it in different ways to be managed by the traffic office on a daily basis, generate reports for management decisions and integrate them with the company's management and commercial systems. All this enables proper management of available resources and incidents in real time.
The main components of fleet control systems are Hardware and Software, as we see below:
Hardware components of a fleet management system
Equipment installed in mobile vehicles, which in the case of road freight transport are tractors and different types of trailers. In the case of GesInFlot, the equipment is a device developed and manufactured by the company itself, which in its current version is called TH16, and which incorporates the following components:
- GPS Vehicle Position Tracking System (Tractor and semi-trailer), which allows identifying the exact position of the device, saving the history indelibly, and recreating vehicle routes; the position is saved in the system and sent to the control office for viewing on a map, as well as speed control through the integrated GPS.
- Integration with the digital tachograph, extracting and archiving driving data, driver information, distance traveled, stops, driving and rest times, speeds, etc.
- Obtaining other technical driving parametersn such as engine rpm, engine oil temperature, torque, consumption, fuel level, speed, operating hours, etc.
- thermograph that allows the temperature of the cold trailer to be recorded, managing incidences of broken cold chains on trips with perishable goods or controlled temperature.
- Collection of information on the braking systems of semi-trailers (EBS systems), with trailer speed control, distance traveled, security system, anti-lock and anti-roll control, traction assistance, brake pressure and maintenance, etc.
- Control of other systems such as the TPMS (control of the temperature and pressure of the tires), security bars, Charge of Value or remote opening, theft alarm, or sirens and emergency light.
GesInFlot's TH16 is a unique device, the same in all cases, which is installed on all possible vehicle variants (tractor, refrigerated semi-trailer, dry cargo, tanker, valuable cargo, etc.), with the advantage of managing and maintaining a single hardware device, making management and maintenance cheaper in the medium and long term.
The fact that the TH16 system is an equipment designed, developed and manufactured in Spain by the same company that installs and maintains it makes the functionality and competitiveness of this equipment unique in the entire market, creating a great competitive advantage. As well as avoiding programmed obsolescence, considerably increasing the life of the equipment.
Software components of a fleet management system
Integrated into the hardware systems of the equipment, it allows managing different functions, such as:
- Management of driving times: remote download of the tachograph, remote download of driver cards, control of the working day, management of the Macron Law, simulation of driving times, management of infractions, efficient driving, etc.
- Management of documentation en route: with the receipt, printing, scanning, filing and sending of documentation, barcode reader, integration with the electronic signature and a professional messaging system.
- professional navigation for driving assistance.
- Configuration elements and access and version control.
- Communications with the plant control systems.
Mobile office for drivers
Through an app installed on the driver's mobile phone (Android APK), it allows trips to be managed and planned with the traffic office, and among other functions it performs: messaging services with the central office, activity planning, refueling management, allowances and check list control, document management, professional navigation, barcode reader and signature collection.
This tool is ideal for managing orders with the driver, travel documentation, and positioning management for those vehicles that do not have an integrated TH16 device.
Comunicaciones entre los vehículos y la oficina
These are carried out through the GPRS, 3G or 4G networks of the traditional operators, depending on the place and device that is connected.
Gesinflot offers connectivity throughout Europe and North Africa.
Control center for fleet management systems
Managed from the offices of the transport company, it controls and monitors the situation and status of the entire fleet, optimally monitoring alarms and incidents and positioning the entire fleet on a map using a geographic information system or GIS. The central can be operated by several users in a centralized environment and in a web environment.
GesInFlot's fleet control systems are currently offered in the SaaS mode, in which the entire control system is located in a high-security CPD (Data Processing Center), where all the servers and information systems are installed. control, offering a safe and reliable environment to customers through private web access.
Integrate the fleet management system with third party systems
Specifically with ERP systems, SCM, CRM, B2B, etc. of the companies, since one of the most important parts of the fleet management systems is the integration with the rest of the transport company's systems, integrating the information they generate or collect with the transport management applications, or with planning and monitoring systems between carriers and shippers.
GesInFlot, through alliances with partners, has an extensive list of integrations with third-party applications that facilitate the entire management and control process of loads, customers and fleets.
Thinking of installing or upgrading your fleet management system? Evaluate GesInFlot before making your decision, contact us and request a DEMO and a commercial proposal. You will get a state-of-the-art solution tailored to your needs.