Food transport mainly uses controlled temperature transport, the maxim of which is to respect the cold chain and maintain a traceability system that guarantees it.
In Spain there are strict regulations, both national and international, that determine how the transport of each type of product must be controlled, depending on whether they are perishable or not, so that they reach the consumer in perfect condition.
What is controlled temperature food transport?
For him transportation of fresh food products such as fruits, vegetables, meat, fish or any other food or perishable product, the carrier must ensure that the Cold chain from the collection point in the factory or logistics warehouse, to delivery at destination.
The most critical moments to control the cold chain are during loading and unloading activities, since these products can suffer a rise or fall in temperature that ends up affecting the conservation or quality of the products.
To ensure smooth delivery of goods, vehicles with the following characteristics are used:
- Trailers fully insulated from the cabin and with ATP certified (Agreement on international transport of perishable goods and on special vehicles used in transport)
- Efficient refrigeration equipment with outside temperatures ranging from -40°C to 55°C, and inside with a stable temperature, between -35°C and 22°C, suitable for the transported product.
GesInFlot TH-16 Thermograph
Gesinflot's fleet management system makes it possible to guarantee the cold chain traceability monitoring the temperature according to the most demanding standards, recording all incidents and generating alerts to solve them in real time.
Gesinflot's equipment includes a thermograph embedded in the device itself, which offers complete functionality to comply with current legislation in Spain:
- certified as Class 0.5 according to EN/UNE 12830:2019
- comply with the new ATP 2020
- manage up to 4 temperature probes with an accuracy of better than ±0.5ºC and a resolution of 0.1ºC in the range of -30 to +30ºC.
- Incorporates the legal thermography in telematics and alert management, which notify in real time of any incident and allow action in seconds to guarantee total control of the cold chain.
- It allows fixed installation for warehouses, local delivery and store.
Gesinflot is the leading refrigerated fleet management solution in Europe.
Do not hesitate to contact us to learn how to incorporate its functionality into your national and international temperature-controlled transport fleet.